John Chamberlain, Executive Director and Mindy Voag
ESC is managed by Executive Director John Chamberlain. John retired from Shell Oil in 2006 as Director of Corporate Security. John has over 30 years experience in the oil and gas industry and also has an extensive background in law enforcement. John currently serves as the Assistant Chief for the Reserve Division of Precinct 4 Constables office.
Who We Are & What We Do
ESC has been a leader in
energy security education and networking since 1982. We have members from
across the United States with heaviest member concentration along the Gulf
The purpose of ESC, a non-profit international professional, networking
organization composed of Corporate, Company, Individual and Law Enforcement
members representing the energy sector, is to:
- develop opportunities for a meaningful exchange of
ideas, information and best practices on energy security.
- create and enhance international/national networking
capabilities on security within the energy sector and key partners.
- identify key security issues affecting the energy
industry and share innovative and proven best practices.
- enhance the safety, security and business operations of
its members, companies, corporations and their associates.
ESC prepares its membership for the new opportunities created by the globalization of the world economy by conducting quarterly meetings and annual conferences for the improvement and education of its members and to enhance business acumen.
ESC collaborates with various intelligence services, governmental agencies, academic institutions, international associations and law enforcement agencies in order to provide a diverse and complete review of global, regional and local issues.
As a non-profit association, ESC is dependent upon the participation of volunteer industry leaders for guidance in the formulation and administration of quality programs and services. These dedicated individuals donate their time and energy to the prosperity of ESC by serving on the Board of Directors. ESC would like to recognize and thank them for their commitment to excellence.
- Chairman L.C. Wilson, Director of Corporate and North American Security- Anadarko Petroleum Corporation, The Woodlands, TX
- Vice-Chairman Mitch Price, Vice President & Chief Security Risk Officer-Cheniere Energy, Houston, TX
- Deb Rose,Senior Security Specialist-Exelon Corporation, Houston, TX
- William Buckner, Director of Security-USA & Latin America- ConocoPhillips, Houston, TX
- Brian Cook, Regional Manager of Americas- Chevron Global Security, Houston, TX
- Jim Denman, Loss Prevention Advisor - EOR Resources, San Antonio, TX
- Wayne Hunt, Regional Security Manager Americas - Shell Oil, Houston, TX
- JJ Jones, Intelligence and Counterterrorism Division- DPS, Austin, TX
- Bob Lee, Senior Consultant- Alpha 6 Security, Houston, TX
- Ed Michel, ASAC- FBI, Houston, TX
- Mike Peters, Global Security Manager- Lewis Energy Group, San Antonio, TX
- Rick Powers, President- ATHOS Group, Houston, TX
- Matt Slinkard, Executive Assistant Chief- Houston Police Department, Houston, TX
- Wayne Wicks, President-Wayne Wicks Security Advisors, Houston, TX
- Rick Williams, Global Security Manager-Chevron Phillips Chemical Company, Houston, TX
Pictured Back Row:Mike Peters, Butch Brazell, William Buckner, Brian Cook, Matt Slinkard, Bob Lee, Ed Michel, Rick Williams, John Chamberlain, Wayne Wicks, Mitch Price, Jim Denman, L.C. Wilson, Rick Powers.
Seated: John Jones, Mindy Voag, Cynthia Day, and Deb Rose. Not pictured: Wayne Hunt