ESC Mission Statement
Protecting the energy industry from emerging physical and cyber threats through a unique public and private partnership of operating companies, law enforcement, academia, and security industry partners.
Who We Are & What We Do
ESC has been a leader in
energy security education and networking since 1982. We have members from
across the United States with the heaviest member concentration along the Gulf
The purpose of ESC, a non-profit international professional, networking
organization composed of Corporate, Company, Individual and Law Enforcement
members representing the energy sector, is to:
- develop opportunities for a meaningful exchange of
ideas, information and best practices on energy security.
- create and enhance international/national networking
capabilities on security within the energy sector and key partners.
- identify key security issues affecting the energy
industry and share innovative and proven best practices.
- enhance the safety, security and business operations of
its members, companies, corporations and their associates.
ESC prepares its membership for the new opportunities created by the globalization of the world economy by conducting quarterly meetings and annual conferences for the improvement and education of its members and to enhance business acumen.
ESC collaborates with various intelligence services, governmental agencies, academic institutions, international associations and law enforcement agencies in order to provide a diverse and complete review of global, regional and local issues.
ESC is a member of the Oil & Natural Gas Sector Coordinating Council (ONGSCC) and the Department of Homeland Security-sponsored Critical Infrastructure Partnership Advisory Council (CIPAC).
ESC Executive Director
Dave Leiting, Executive Director
ESC is managed by Executive Director Dave Leiting. Dave retired in 2014 as the Director of Security, Eastern Hemisphere and Asia Pacific after a 25-year career with BP. Prior to that, Dave served 10 years as a Special Agent with the FBI. Dave is a US army vet, has an MBA and was also a CFE and CPP. He became a member of ESC in 1991 and was Chairman of the Board for three terms 2007-2009.
ESC Board of Directors
As a non-profit association, ESC is dependent upon the participation of volunteer industry leaders for guidance in the formulation and administration of quality programs and services. These dedicated individuals donate their time and energy to the prosperity of ESC by serving on the Board of Directors. ESC would like to recognize and thank them for their commitment to excellence.
- Chairman Mitch Price, Vice President & Chief Security Risk Officer-Cheniere Energy, Houston, TX
- Vice Chairman Jim Denman, Loss Prevention Advisor - EOG Resources, San Antonio, TX
- Rob Ream, Director Global Security - Helmerich & Payne Inc., Tulsa, OK
- Tim Foley, Director of Risk Management Services - ATHOS Group - Irving, TX
- Darin Dillon, Vice President Energy & Downstream - Pivot3 - Boulder, CO
- Mike Peters, Global Security Manager- Lewis Energy Group - San Antonio, TX
- David Rainwater, Manager of Global Security & Emergency Response - Murphy Exploration & Production Company - Houston, TX
- Jason Taylor, Regional Director, DPS - Houston, TX
- Larry Satterwhite, Assistant Chief, Houston Police Department - Houston, TX
- Wayne Wicks, President-Wayne Wicks Security Advisors - Houston, TX
- Rick Williams, Global Security Manager-Chevron Phillips Chemical Company - Houston, TX
- Mark Dawson, Special Agent in Charge - Homeland Security Investigations - Houston, TX
- Robert Browning, Regional Security Manager - Chevron Global Security - Houston, TX
- Michelle Draxton, Manager Generation Security Services & Investigations -Exelon Corporation - Kennett Square, PA
- Ken Carter, Operations Support Manager, Global Security - ExxonMobil - Spring, TX
2021 Board of Directors:Dave Leiting, Bob Browning, Wayne Wicks, David Rainwater, Darin Dillon, Rob Ream,
Mark Dawson, Rick Williams, Ken Carter and Tim Foley. Not Pictured: Jim Denman, Michelle Draxton, Mike Peters,
Mitch Price, Larry Satterwhite and Jason Taylor.