ESC Mission Statement
Protecting the energy industry from emerging physical and cyber threats through a unique public and private partnership of operating companies, law enforcement, academia, and security industry partners.
Who We Are & What We Do
ESC has been a leader in
energy security education and networking since 1982. We have members from
across the United States with the heaviest member concentration along the Gulf
The purpose of ESC, a non-profit international professional, networking
organization composed of Corporate, Company, Individual and Law Enforcement
members representing the energy sector, is to:
- develop opportunities for a meaningful exchange of
ideas, information and best practices on energy security.
- create and enhance international/national networking
capabilities on security within the energy sector and key partners.
- identify key security issues affecting the energy
industry and share innovative and proven best practices.
- enhance the safety, security and business operations of
its members, companies, corporations and their associates.
ESC prepares its membership for the new opportunities created by the globalization of the world economy by conducting quarterly meetings and annual conferences for the improvement and education of its members and to enhance business acumen.
ESC collaborates with various intelligence services, governmental agencies, academic institutions, international associations and law enforcement agencies in order to provide a diverse and complete review of global, regional and local issues.
ESC is a member of the Oil & Natural Gas Sector Coordinating Council (ONGSCC) and the Department of Homeland Security-sponsored Critical Infrastructure Partnership Advisory Council (CIPAC).
ESC Strategic Alliance with the
Security Executive Council
The Security Executive Council is
the leading research and advisory firm focused on corporate security risk
mitigation strategies and plans. For the last 20 years, the SEC has worked with
security leaders to transform security programs into more capable and valued
centers of excellence. This alliance will provide ESC members with valuable
advanced security leadership research resources and provide an opportunity for
ESC members to contribute to the SEC body of knowledge specific to energy
sector best practices through participation in sector-specific research
initiatives. You may visit them at www.securityexecutivecouncil.com
ESC Executive Director
Dave Leiting, Executive Director
ESC is managed by Executive Director Dave Leiting. Dave retired in 2014 as the Director of Security, Eastern Hemisphere and Asia Pacific after a 25-year career with BP. Prior to that, Dave served 10 years as a Special Agent with the FBI. Dave is a US army vet, has an MBA and was also a CFE and CPP. He became a member of ESC in 1991 and was Chairman of the Board for three terms 2007-2009.
ESC Board of Directors
As a non-profit association, ESC is dependent upon the participation of volunteer industry leaders for guidance in the formulation and administration of quality programs and services. These dedicated individuals donate their time and energy to the prosperity of ESC by serving on the Board of Directors. ESC would like to recognize and thank them for their commitment to excellence.
- Chairman Jim Denman, Loss Prevention Advisor - EOG Resources, San Antonio, TX
- Vice Chairman Mike Peters, Global Security Manager- Lewis Energy Group - San Antonio, TX
- Rob Ream, Director Global Security - Helmerich & Payne Inc., Tulsa, OK
- Tim Foley, Director of Risk Management Services - Summit Off Duty Services - Irving, TX
- Darin Dillon, Sr. Director Energy - LenelS2 - Boulder, CO
- Mitch Price, Vice President & Chief Security Risk Officer-Cheniere Energy, Houston, TX
- David Rainwater, Manager of Global Security & Emergency Response - Murphy Exploration & Production Company - Houston, TX
- Jason Taylor, Regional Director, Texas Department of Public Safety - Houston, TX
- Larry Satterwhite, Executive Assistant Chief, Houston Police Department - Houston, TX
- Rick Williams, Chief Security Officer -Chevron Phillips Chemical Company - Houston, TX
- Mark Dawson, Special Agent in Charge - U.S. Department of Homeland Security Investigations - Houston, TX
- Robert Browning, Regional Security Manager - Chevron Global Security - Houston, TX
- Michelle Draxton, Director Corporate Security - Constellation - Kennett Square, PA
- Ken Carter, Operations Support Manager, Global Security - ExxonMobil - Spring, TX
- Chris Schaffer, Managing Partner, NorthStar Response Group - Texas City, TX
2022 Board of Directors: Standing: Executive Director Dave Leiting, Chris Schaffer, Ken Carter, Rick Williams, Darin Dillon, Mark Dawson,
Mitch Price and Larry Satterwhite. Seated: Michelle Draxton, Jim Denman, David Rainwater and Mike Peters. Not pictured: Bob Browning, Tim
Foley, Rob Ream and Jason Taylor.